Saturday, February 5, 2011

First Jacket

I decided to try to make a jacket a month. I am starting with S3538. Lynne from I was knit together in my Mother's Womb helped to encourage me to jump in and try a jacket. I have a denim jacket that is shaped like this pattern and I wear it all the time.
Here is the front. It looks OK, but I have not put the collar on it. I know I really don't need to put the collar on to see if it fits, but I practice sewing the collar.

This is the back. I have tried it on and it seems that the arm holes are small. So I need to let the side seams out. Also, I need to adjust the sleeves and sew them onto the jacket. I have not lined anything. I am nervous about lining this jacket, but it will need it.
Parting shot:

DS borrowed a mascot from another high school to use for Spirit week at his school. There was a basket ball game during the final hour of the school day ( all students had to attend it) and DS was part of the pre-game fun. He also stayed court side to keep the fans(students) cheering. Now what you must know is that my DS is an all county football player. He is one of the football and lacrosse captains. We do not have a mascot so this was a surprise when he came out on the court!


Here he is with his friend and quarterback of the football team. What fun we had!!!



1 comment:

  1. The jacket its coming along nicely. I know what you mean about linings, but finally coming to grips with it. I assemble the lining and sew along the edge with right sides together leaving the hem undone. Once I am ok with the fit of the jacket and lining together, I sew the lining hem to the jacket hem by hand.

    ReplyDelete