Saturday, May 24, 2014

Me Made Week 3


Here are my picks for week 3. 
First up is a "restructure". This "Pink Out" tee shirt was a normal crew neck tee. I am not crazy about wearing crew necks in the summer. I removed the neck rib trim and the sleeves. First I curved the side seams to make the tee fitted. Next I changed the neck and added back the trim. The sleeves have a little gather where they are attached to the arm hole. 
Next is S3696. This a PJ pattern with pants, shorts, nightgown, robe and top. This is a raglan PJ top that is very comfortable.
Finally, is NL6892. This is peasant style top. The fabric is sheer, so I wear camis underneath. 
One week left and the lesson I learned in week 3 is that I need to get to my sewing machine!! I have some things cut out that need to be completed. My daughter returns in two weeks from Indonesia, and there will be a lot of cooking, shopping, watching movies and family fun once she gets home, so I need to sew now!!!
I must tell you that a few days before Mother's day, my daughter was texting me about vintage style and patterns. She does not sew yet, but does other creative crafts. I sent her many links to the young women who are into vintage sewing and links to sewing blogs that I knew she would appreciate. It is so wonderful that there are so many young women who are sewing. I know the craft will continue for many years!!! 
On to next week!


3 comments:

  1. Great job again. I am with you needing to get to sewing some specific items. Also, I am so excited for you that your daughter is coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't participate in MMM this year, but I did last year and I found it to be such a great experience. I learned so much about my wardrobe that I would not have learned otherwise. It's a big commitment, but well worth it. So glad you're sticking with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice Collection.Thnx for sharing keep up the Good work..
    Embroidery Shop

    ReplyDelete