The following are my next projects. I am sewing with a purpose. The skirt is a tan poly wool like (is that even a type of fabric?). I will line it (something new to accomplish).
The blouse has been one of my stumbling blocks. I made two muslins. The back is on the bias. I had gaping fabric that I thought was from a sway back issue. I tried to fix the sway back problem using Sandra B.'s suggestions in "Power Sewing". It did help some. Then I saw My Fabrication. She kept the back on the straight of grain and put the front two pieces on the bias. Well I am going to give it a try. If anyone has made the "Threads" blouse, please send me your thoughts.
The S285O top will be made out the knit shown. All three pieces will work together.The skirt and blouse are cut out. The knit top is still on the cutting table.
Well lacrosse season starts for DS. As I am sure you have seen on the news, we were hit with two BIG snow storms in Maryland. There is no place to practice outside and our indoor field house is waiting to be cleared by engineers. It appears that while our girls were practicing basketball, the hoops were getting very easy to dunk-- the ceiling started to sag!!!! I have not taught school since Feb. 4th. We are expecting more snow this week!!!