Saturday, October 24, 2009

Well I am finally posting!! My tech person (DD) went off the college and I was lost without her. So now I have pictures of what I have sewed since my last post. This is Simplicity 4076 view D. I made this top before and felt that the neckline was a little low, so I raised it this time.I wanted to lengthen the cap sleeve. After lengthening, the sleeve stood away from my arm. So, I came up with a design change. I took a pleat at the center hem, basted it and then hemmed it. My drafting skills still need practice, but I was able to come up with a cute solution!
The fabric was a cotton knit from JoAnn's. The instructions are easy. This was one of the first patterns I tried when I returned to garment sewing. It has become a TNT tee shirt pattern.

Parting thought:
Last post I talked about the fabric store that closed. It played a very big part in my sewing history. I bought both my Bernina's from that store. I took sewing classes there and made display garments for the display window. The ladies that worked at the store were seasoned designers. They encouraged and helped me during my sewing journey. When I pass the shopping center where the store was located, I feel sad. That chapter is closed. This is the new chapter--The Blog Sewing Community!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment