Monday, July 5, 2010

Simplicity blouse

This is the latest sewing project. This blouse gave me some trouble. First the back is cut on the bias and when I made a muslin, the back had ripples everywhere. So I searched blogs to see if anyone had made this pattern and had the same issues. After some searching, I found someone had cut the back and front piece on the straight of grain instead of bias. That is what I did.
There are still some fitting issues, but it is wearable. I have received compliments, so I will continue to wear it. Also, I have a purple sweater that looks great with it. If anyone has any advice for this pattern, please let me know.
The fabric was from JoAnn's. It is a poly silky fabric that I starched before sewing to help ease some of the issues of sewing slinky fabric. Some reviewers did not use the facings,but I liked the results using them. I will not make this again which is a shame, because I like the style. I just could not get the fit I wanted.

1 comment:

  1. I like this blouse; the fabric you chose is perfect for the bias cut.

    ReplyDelete